Production company for 'Mr. Trot Top 6' refutes claims on not following quarantine rules

연합뉴스 / 2021-07-20 18:43:56
  • facebookfacebook
  • twittertwitter
  • kakaokakao
  • pinterestpinterest
  • navernaver
  • bandband
  • -
  • +
  • print
▲ This photo provided by CICI shows the top 6 trot singers from "Mr. Trot." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

 

▲ This photo provided by Showplay Entertainment shows the concert poster for "Mr. Trot Top 6." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

 

SEOUL, July 20 (Yonhap) -- Showplay, also known as the production company for "Mr. Trot Top 6" tour concert, refuted allegations that the quarantine rules were not properly followed during the performance in Cheongju amid the spread of the novel corona virus.

"Cheongju was a region placed under Level 1 in the social distancing scheme, which does not require seats to be distanced from one another. However, we have voluntarily distanced people who weren't companions, which compiles to level 3 of the social distancing rules," Showplay said on Tuesday.

The company added that the reports on fans living in the Seoul metropolitan area coming to see the Cheongju performance on tour buses as a group were also false.

"There were only four buses that were wrapped with banners to support the singers, and after analyzing the addresses of the reserved audience members, 70% of them were from the North Chungcheong Province and only 10% were from the Seoul metropolitan area," Showplay explained.

In addition, Showplay stressed that the online post which stated that there were confirmed cases of the corona virus from the Cheongju performance was not true.

Trot singers Jang Min-ho and Young Tak, who have recently been tested positive for COVID-19, were also reported by Showplay to be unrelated to the Cheongju performance. The singers were inspected after hearing that South Korean swimmer Park Tae-hwan and speed skater Mo Tae-bum, who had filmed with the trot singers for an episode of TV Chosun's "PPONG School," were diagnosed with COVID-19.

The national tour for "Mr. Trot Top 6," which began last year, has not been scheduled regularly due to the widespread of COVID-19. After the production company received backlash for the way the Cheongju performance was organized, the performance scheduled in Jeonju ultimately got canceled.

"We are considering canceling or postponing the performances that were originally scheduled to be held in Busan from July 30 to August 1," Showplay said. "We will announce whether the performance will proceed within two to three days from now."

(End)

 

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

Comment >

Most Viewed

K-POP

more

Drama/Movie

more

BRAND N TREND

more

TRIP

more